Tuesday, January 31, 2012

My Trip to Orlando!

I celebrated my 13th birthday a couple days before my actual b-day. Most of the time, I've got a hunch on what I'm getting. This year, I had no idea what an awesome gift my parents got me! They got me a Gamecocks notebook, and a mailbox. But the note said,"You'll be going on a trip with Dad and Papa Mac." I wondered where I would go with Dad and Papa! Inside the mailbox were 3 tickets to the Capital One Bowl!! It will be taking place in Orlando, Florida.
At the end of the regular season, all the good teams get to play in a Bowl. The Gamecocks are normally really bad, but this year we were the #9 team!
On January 1st, 2012, we started traveling. There are 3 games in Florida, so it seemed every car had team flags. Everywhere we stopped, we saw fans. We spent the night at a Christian camp (which was near a lake).




I've never been to a football stadium. It was huge! We went to the fanfest, and I got to have my face painted. I got a maroon USC (University of South Carolina) on my left cheek, and a gamecock on my right cheek. We also high-fived the players as they came in. I even high-fived Melvin Ingram (he's our star defender)!
After that we went into the stadium. It got louder and louder and louder, as we walked higher and higher and higher. We sat really high up, we had great seats.
I'm not going to write a play-by-play, but I will list my top #3 favorite plays:

3. When Nebraska got the ball after we punted it to them, the Cocks stopped them to 4th down and 10.
2. Nebraska had just scored a touchdown, and on the extra point, Stephen Gilmore blocked the ball and scored a 'safety'. The score was 6-2, Nebraska.
1.With 3 seconds left in the 1st half, Connor Shaw threw the football 60some yards to Alshon Jeffries and 3 Nebraska defenders. At first, it looked like it would be an interception, but all of a sudden, we saw Jeffries' hands poke up and catch the ball in the endzone.
In the 2nd half, the Gamecocks' defense played super! The final score wa 30-13, Gamecocks.
I had a totally awesome time!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a totally awesome time. You are a totally awesome nephew!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw you on tv while I was watching the game! Melvin Ingram is a future NFL star, so its good you got to high-five him!

    ReplyDelete