Monday, August 27, 2012

Summer's End...

 Well, to end the summer I organized the Howerton Olympics. I have all my younger bros (and sister) sign up for various sports. Of course the sports are often improvised:
 1. Javelin throwing: we tossed a long stick instead of a spear.
 2. 1-on-1 soccer :-)
 3. Big rocks were used for the shot put.
 4. 100m dash was cut down to 10m, the 400m down to 40m.
 5. Shooting: we used Nerf guns.
And there were other 'improvised' sports as well. I created a page on facebook called 'Howerton Olympics'. It's got photos too.
 Just today, Monday the 27th, we started school. I was forced out of bed at 7:30 to start the day. My parents got up super early. Mom said she slept in to to long during the summer (7:00 isn't exactly my idea of 'sleeping in') and she enjoyed the quiet mornings. I started taking Spanish, so after another 2 or 3 years, I will be officially trilingual. I also teach Andrew's history, grade Spencer's paper's, and soon I will be teaching a Romanian guy English. His name is Sami and he is 2 months older than me. He goes to our church. He also went to camp this year, the week I got sick, and I threw up on his jacket and shoes.
 Mom is busy making pizza and cookies... with some chocolate chips we just got in a package today! I'm starving... I think mom's gonna let us put the toppings on our pizza, so that's gonna be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment